Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pack your bags..it's time for a guilt trip!

Olivia has mastered a new art form: the guilt trip.

As I was leaving for bar review last night she had a complete meltdown - crying, screaming, grabbing at my coat -- it was really enough to garner an Academy Award nomination.

It's not as if she's stuck at day care all day and never gets to see me. Nope, she spends all day with me - unless I have to teach. But almost every night when I get ready to leave for bar review, the waterworks start.

It makes me feel bad. I'm sure it makes Kevin feel bad (as in: "Hey kid, it's your daddy here. I'm gonna be taking care of you tonight...isn't that OK?").

I'm also sure that as soon as I walk out the door, she stops and is happy as a lark. It's all just a ploy to keep me from going to bar review. Smart kid.

No comments: